Monday, February 1, 2016

Whole 30...Day 1



I really think that I am a fit girl trapped in a fat girls body. And I'm done with that. I'm tired of feeling uncomfortable doing simple tasks like carrying the car seat outside. I'm tired of having 30 different sweaters so I never have to show my arms and can cover my stomach. I'm tired of hearing, "but you have such a pretty face." I'm tired of the swollen ankles, the sore back, the weak core. I'm angry that I get so freaking tired having a dance-off with Briton.

That's the one that did it. The anger. The anger sparked something in me. I am a strong fucking woman. I've had two vaginal births for goodness sake, I can make the change. So this is day 1. And I'm rocking it. I'm ready to drop some pounds and get in shape. I'm ready to do a mud run with my girlfriends because are some fierce-ass bitches. I'm ready to fuel my body instead of feed my feelings. I'm ready to have a dance off with Briton and dance until he drops.

I'm going to try to use this blog almost like a diary, an outlet for my sugar withdraw symptoms and caffeine headache bitch fests. And a way to make myself accountable. I'm ready to change my relationship with food and I am ready to make a change within myself and really make my health and wellness a top priority. I want to be that example for my boys.

How I'm feeling:
Pretty good....a little hungry but I will get used to not overeating. My head is killing me because my usual 3 huge cups of coffee filled with delicious creamer has been 1 cup of black tea and one small cup of black coffee. (YUCK) My morning pump looked good, I got 10 ounces of breast milk which is what I aim for everyday so I'm happy with that. I made a motivation board and that actually does help. I'm feeling ready for this change.

If you are confused as to what the hell this whole 30 program that I'm talking about is, please take a look at http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/.

PS-there will be before and after pictures.

2 comments:

  1. You are incredible and an inspiration!!
    Go lady, go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, Rach! Love and support from NC for you!

    ReplyDelete