Friday, February 5, 2016

Whole 30...Day 5

Well, today was hard. I had the day off from work and it felt like bad food choices were flaunting themselves to me all day. I said no to them each time they reared their ugly heads. (I'm pretty sure that food is alive to me right now) I may have even told the pop tarts to go eff themselves when I hurried past that aisle at the grocery store. 

I made it to dinner. Delicious, delicious dinner. Dinner made saying no to those bitch pop tarts so worth it. Dinner tasted so much better then that processed crap I craving all day. This was dinner:


Pork loin that slowly cooked all day in the crockpot seasoned with tomato sauce, cumin, cayenne, oregano, sea salt, cracked black pepper, and just a dash of cinnamon. I topped it with homemade guacamole and pico. Oh my. It was heaven in my mouth. 

I'm feeling pretty ok. Is that a real thing? I still miss coffee creamer. I still have cravings. But it's day 5 and I still don't want to cheat. If I did, I would have. I also had my first non-scale victory yesterday. It's almost embarrassing to share but IDGAF. My husband asked me if I was wearing one of my girdles. I wasn't. Mama was feeling herself after that. Another plus is that I've noticed a slight increase in my milk production when I pump at work (YAY FOR MAMA'S MILK) So cravings suck but the positives are outweighing the negatives. 5 days in, I've still got this.  

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm proud you've made it this far. Your dinner looks amazing!! I wish I could have some. Love you, sis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaay Rachael!!! I'm so proud of you! You are a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete